25.12.11

Enjoy the festive season!

I usually don't like Christmas very much. I tend to get a bit maudlin and can be known to be a grinch. However this year I've been feeling decidedly festive, buying colleagues little gifts and cards and putting more effort than usual into buying gifts for my family. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but I'm sure that getting a holiday just before Christmas has something to do with it. Japan was very festive, carols playing in every store, big decorated trees up everywhere. It just dawned on me today that it was the first time I'd experienced winter close to Christmas, too.
I just wanted to share this photo with you as it made me think of Christmas, little kids singing carols actually. It was taken at Hase-dera Temple in Kamakura, if I remember correctly.

Cute little statues

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment